Blogging in a different direction! My Patchwork Life.

Well hello long time no see.  I have decided to take this blog in a slightly different direction not just talking about the shop but about all the patchwork things going on in my life.  There are quite a few (I am sure you understand that) I of course have the on line shop www.Patchworkdreamer.co.uk but I also belong to my local Patchwork group, Beacon quilters.  We have a very full programme coming up this year so hopefully I will be able to share some of this with you.  We are going to be doing the Crafsty BOM 2012 which should be fun as we all like such different fabrics and we can all learn somthing new.  I have done the first two for our September blocks.  I am using Kona Paprica as the back ground fabric and the Meadow fabric range from Penny Rose. http://www.patchworkdreamer.co.uk/fabric/meadow.html  I like the one on the left but the one on the right just is not sitting right for me I think the stripes of plain are too thick.  Any way if you would like to join in and show me you blocks as we go that would be fun.

I am also doing a city and guilds in Patchwork and quilting, this is a distance course and so I am struggling with getting motivation sometimes.  I am only on Mod 3 (there are 12) but need to get my head down and get on with this.
This is a  picture of one of my samples in progress. Reverse applique.
  
This is a hand needle turn sample, not my fav technique it has to be said.




Finaly I have the online shop which temps me with lots of fabrics and my head goes into a bit of a spin with it sometimes but the fabrics are soo pretty.  These arrived today only £10 a meter and they are lovely. http://www.patchworkdreamer.co.uk/fabric/-batik.html

I know I should not have favs but I do love this one.

Well thats it from me for now let me know what you think of my Patchwork life.  Lots of patchy hugs Mary x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hex bug!

Patchwork Dreamer Let the year begin!